Monday, April 18, 2022

Easter Sunday

Sunday

I stayed in bed late with Chris. While he took a shower, I added old potting soil to the worm farm so they would have more bedding. I read e-mail, avoiding the worst stuff, looking for the more inspiring pieces.

Our credit card company texted Chris about a suspicious charge. I don't know what was suspicious about it, but I didn't know about it. So they canceled the card. Now I will have to memorize a new one. Grrr!

I made and ate breakfast, then put on my Easter dress and got out my Easter hat. I could not find the blue shoes that matched, nor an Easter-ish handbag. So I used the one in shades of blue. I put the muffins in a bowl, wondering if there would be enough. Chris got dressed for church as well so I wondered if others who don't normally come would attend.

When we got there, Michelle drove up with a potted flower and a bottle of goat's milk for me. We left the plant on Chris' car and she put the milk in the church fridge. We chatted with the pastor while waiting for Jenni. Then the service commenced. I did not know the first two songs. The second one had a lot of fanfare in it. Then the fill-in chaplain spoke at length, and then we had one more song. Thankfully it was one I knew. Afterward, we chatted and snacked. Jenni had brought a veggie tray and Michelle brought strawberries and cake, and Diane brought cookies. Diane's husband took our pic out in the chapel yard. Diane gave us each a lily.

When we got home, I changed clothes. There were muffins left over, so I tried one with cheese. I read outside in the sun barefoot. I was tired and nearly fell asleep. I went to the gym for a workout, but declined to get in the sauna with the others. Steve was there, too, using the treadmill. He gave me a sandstone.

I came home and laid down but could not sleep. Chris had cooked ground beef and mushrooms, so I ate that, then made a salad. I read articles. I found out Chris is coming back on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

I made tea. We watched two episodes of Call the Midwife. I read e-mail for awhile longer. Chris rinsed out the lower worm bin. We made the bed. I brushed my teeth, and continued reading. Chris went to bed, and later, so did I.

No comments: