Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Starting the lactic acid bacteria ferment

Monday

Chris got up, puttered around, showered and left for the airport. I tried to stay in bed, but the doorbell rang. When I got there, there was a bag with 2 egg cartons in it, but she was gone.

I read some e-mail, then put on a video and stood in the kitchen peeling garlic to make pickled garlic. I peeled 4 fists to fill the jar. I comparison-shopped online. Some things aren't available. I made and ate breakfast, then sat outside in the sun, reading.

At 2, I opened the swap shop. Actually I was there early to pick up my mail. Then, as 2pm came and went, I got antsy because no one was there. But later several ladies came and two of them brought kids. The kids played with the toys while their mothers talked and looked through items in the shop. I met a new lady who is a quilter and wants to open the shop one day a week so people don't have to bother me when they want to 'shop'. She gave me her number and I wrote it on the back of the mail I picked up.

After an hour, I kind of herded them to the door. With much urging, the kids put the toys away. I locked up and went home.

I washed some brown rice and put the water in a separate jar to ferment. I wondered why the rice wasn't allowed to stay in the water. So I added more water to the rice and covered it to ferment in a different place.

I read e-mail for awhile. I filled 6 gallon jugs with water and added some eggshell water to each. I went walking with Michelle. Afterward, she talked to me for some time. Then I drove to her house where she gave me a bottle of oregano oil. I paid her for both the oil and the goat's milk. I went to the garden to apply the water. The plot in front of me had been raked and was ready to plant. Hmmm.

I went home and heated supper. I talked to Chris, who was just getting to his hotel room after his trip and several meeting. He was tired so we didn't talk for long. I posted to my blog, then made tea and watched one episode of Columbo. I read for awhile after that, then paused the video and went to bed.

* Oh dear! *

* The fermented fruit *

No comments: