Saturday, April 9, 2022

The dirtiest rug ever

Friday

I stayed in bed, hoping to go back to sleep. Finally I got up, and got ready for the day. I added some extra stitching to the star on the flag, widening it a little. I listened to a podcast by Dr. Berg.

I washed up and got dressed. Chris told me he had a sore throat. So I took extra precautions. I put hydrogen peroxide in my ears and avit C patch on my arm. I gave some C to Chris.

Chris went to work for his bi-weekly sit-rep, and I went to Steve's office. He helped me carry my appliances to its doorway. I vacuumed the small office thoroughly. Then I ran the carpet cleaner. It raised a cloud of dust. I went over and over the carpet but the water never ran clear. I lost count of how many times /i had to refill the water tank. I worked for two and a half hours, then decided it was as clean as it was going to get. I changed him $50, but he gave me $85.

I went home and Chris still not there. I made and ate breakfast. I listened to an interview on how Big Tech influences public opinion. I cleaned out the carpet cleaner and set the pieces out to dry. I put on a bathing suit and sat in the sun, reading a book.

I went to the post office to pick up the worms. I brought them back and considered how to make bedding for them. I kept putting it off until it was time to go walking. Then I rushed around, getting shredded paper and pieces of food for the worm farm, and then dumping them in.

I rushed off to go walking. But when I got to the school, Jenni wasn't home. I called Diane and she wasn't coming either. So I texted Jamie to see if she wanted to meet early. But she wasn't feeling well either. I went home, got a plastic bag, and walked around my block, picking up shreds of whatever the big mowers just ran over. When I got home again, I checked the worms, then made a salad for supper, using whatever was left in the fridge. I read e-mail and listened to interviews.

Then Jamie called and wanted to meet at the dog park. So I got ready and drove over there. She was throwing a small ball, which her dog would chase and bring back. But at the last minute, she would kick the larger ball and her dog would drop the small one and catch the bigger one. Amazing. We sat on the bench and did some tapping. I gave her cash for the last apartment we cleaned and she gave me back the keys to the swap shop. When her dog was tired out, we split up and went home.

I found Chris asleep on the couch when I got back. I jotted notes quietly for my blog. Then his 8pm alarm rang and woke him up. I posted to my blog, then made tea. We watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. Then I caught up on the latest news and went to bed.

No comments: