Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Another carton of eggs

Monday

I did not want to get up. My inner world seemed so much safer than the outer world. But eventually I did. After the usual first morning stuff, I read articles. One article explained that during Prohibition, the federal gov't ordered the poisoning of industrial alcohols, products stolen by bootleggers and resold as drinkable alcohol. This program killed at least 10,000 people in it's effort to get people to stop drinking.

Around noon I made breakfast. I watched a video on using a refractometer to find brix number. He also mentioned soaking egg shells in vinegar to get the nutrients out. Then somehow I was looking at FPJ, or fermented plant juice, which is part of KNF, or Korean Natural Farming.

LAB: 1 cup fermented rice water to 4 cups raw milk. Add 2-3 T raw sugar or molasses to keep for 15 days. 1Ml of LAB to 1 liter of water as seed soak. Drench soil in winter.

I noticed my mobile data was turned on, again. I keep it off so I wonder how it gets turned on. What else is getting turned on?

CJ came by with a carton of eggs. She took the bag of empty egg boxes that I left on the door. But she did not ring the doorbell, so when I spotted her, I had to run out with cash to pay her. We had a short conversation.

I put on walking shoes and went to the school. I walked with Diane, Jenni, and Michelle. We paired up for chatting purposes. Afterward, Diane went back to work and the remaining three chatted. Then Michelle went home and I went into Jenni's house to see her plants. I offered her a pineapple top once it roots and she accepted.

When I got home, I whipped up a batch of seed crackers with the new eggs. I made more ingredient mixes for the seed cracker box. I also refilled some of the containers in the breakfast box. I arranged egg shells on a baking sheet and put it in the oven with the seed crackers. I hardboiled most of the remaining older eggs. Jamie called and wanted to meet tomorrow afternoon. Chris came home from work. He wanted to take me to the community club to eat since they bought extra food for people who are here temporarily. But then that fell through. So I made a salad and ate the eggs that cracked during boiling.

I read articles and listened to some videos while piecing puzzles. I also jotted notes to my blog. After posting for yesterday, I made tea. We watched Christmas in Connecticut, courtesy of Netflix. After a bit, Chris went to bed and I stayed up to finish watching something.

No comments: