Saturday, April 16, 2022

Where did the internet go?

Friday

I did some tapping before I laid down. I must have slept well because I woke up late. I got up at 8:30. While I was preparing for the day, Chris logged on to a group call for work. I washed up and got dressed. I read e-mail quietly so as not to disturb him.

I found a piece of paper with info about my dad's trombones on it. So I typed it into my laptop in case I lose the paper. I had to look up the info to make sure the spelling was correct and to find an approximate year. Somehow I came across a video of a murderer tying a knife to a trombone slide and heading towards a woman tied to a tree. I did not need that image in my head so I closed that window.

I watched a video called “Where did the internet go?” She was sharing her screen as she typed search terms into Google. Although it proclaimed millions of results, when she paged through them, it would deadend long before she got to even 1000 results. Looking at those results, they were limited to only a handful of sources.

I made breakfast and ate it. Chris had gone to work and came back about 1:30. I put on shoes and filled a water bottle. Chris packed the cooler and we went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. I fell asleep. When we got to Luckey's, I was groggy. We shopped, then Chris checked out while I walked to Melanie's. By the time I finished there, Chris was parked outside. We went to Macey's, then headed back to base. When we got there, we stopped at the post office before going home.

We put the food away, then I laid down. Later I went walking with Diane. Jenni was out in town. I readied an old package of strawberries to ferment. It called for 2% salt by weight. I put it in a zip-lock bag in the pantry.

I ate the rest of the apple, then read messages. I made a salad, and ate a pickled egg. I listened to This Week with Polly and Mary. I went outside to rake over gopher mounds. I put down some poison in one hole. It was nice outside.

I read more articles, then wrote a blog post. I made tea while Chris brought up Netflix on the media laptop. But there were no search results for Call the Midwife. That seemed very odd. I went to my laptop to get the e-mail Netflix sent saying there was another season for it. So Chris logged out of Netflix and back in. Then miraculously the show was there and we watch one episode. I brushed my teeth and listened to another interview before going to bed.

No comments: