Monday, April 11, 2022

The many ways to treat a cold

Sunday

I got up around 8. I was still congested. I mixed 12 g of vitamin C with several cups of water and sipped it. Then I brushed my teeth and swished. I followed that with another 12 g of C.

I spent the morning reading articles and sipping vitamin C water. I decided not to go to church because I am probably contagious. Chris' game started at noon. At 1, I started watching Defeat The Mandates in California. I texted Michelle that we were sick and would have to reschedule our get-together for dominoes. She brought over losenges and left them on the front porch.

I made breakfast late. Then I wanted to go outside in the sun, but it wasn't that warm. Michelle came over after 5. We walked around the block, and then went to the sauna at the gym. But there wasn't enough time left to really work up a sweat. Heather was there and we all had a nice chat. Then we got out and said goodbye to the lady at the desk. I think she wasn't happy that we were leaving a little after 6 because she wanted to be on her way home.

Michelle took me home, not worried about me being contagious. I invited her in and gave her a tour of the house. We sat on the couch and talked until Chris was done with his after-game chat. Then he joined the conversation. It went on until almost 9.

She left, and I made tea. it was too late for supper so I had a bowl of cherries and blueberries. We watched the last two episodes of Gomer Pyle and two episodes of Cheers. Then I wrote up my blog post and got ready for bed. However, I kept reading until it was almost midnight.

No comments: