Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Three bags full

Tuesday

My back hurt when I went to bed last night so I put a lidocaine patch on. I don't think it helped. I had trouble rolling onto my sides. Chris got up at 4:30 to read e-mail and get ready for a workout. About 5:15 I had him bring me a towel to pee on. I also asked for an anti-inflammatory. He brought me one with two cheese sticks and some water. I ate one cheese stick and took the pill. He canceled his workout and went back to bed. He fell asleep while I tried to sleep. He got up later and got ready for work. I finally fell asleep and he woke me up so he could lever me out of bed with the backboard and go to work. Sigh.

He helped me get dressed and put on my shoes. He went to work while I bundled up and went for a walk with plastic bags and a reacher. In an hour I picked up 3 bags of trash just in our neighborhood. There were fewer pieces before the big mowers went through and cut down the tumbleweeds.

I washed dishes and took detox supplements. I vacuumed the den. I sat with my chillow and jotted notes. I checked my ferments. The one with rice had developed curds. I read e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. I looked up recently-arrived supplements to see what they are for. I tasted the curd and it wasn't great. I poured it out on the compost pile.

I took my trombone and went to Saronna's house. We played till 3:30. We started packing up and Wyatt came over to play. He and I played a little but then Saronna got a phone call, so we packed up and left. I parked at the school and knocked on Jenni's door. When she was ready, we walked around the block, talking.

Afterward, I went home. I read e-mail, and listened to a podcast. I posted to our Facebook page offering free sweet potato sprouts. I filled some six-packs with soil and watered them. I had leftovers for supper. I planted some strawberries that Diane had given me. I dug gopher mounds, then washed my hands. I called Faye to see how she was doing. Very well. I made a salad, and read e-mail, waiting for Chris to come home. Finally I texted him and he said he was leaving.

I wrote my blog post. We watched three episodes of Gomer Pyle. I read articles for a bit, then turned everything off and did my evening protocol. Finally I went to bed.

No comments: