Saturday, December 16, 2023

And the packing begins

Friday

I got up around 8. I took supplements, then brushed and swished. I rotated the tower garden. I worked on the pillow blocks. I went outside to dissolve the frost on my windshield. Since Summer texted that she wasn't going to open the swap shop this morning, I stopped there to lock it. I also went to Mikeala's apartment to drop off the cookies. Then I went to the chapel.

I unlocked the doors and set up in the fellowship hall. I worked on the pillow blocks until Saronna's kids showed up. Then I sat and waited for questions. But they had a hard time getting started because they would rather listen to the adults converse. Casey came with a motherboard for a rocket. At least, that's what it looked like. He and I checked answers to see if they were right and they were. I went back to working on the pillow squares. Then they packed up and went home. So I locked up and went home.

I worked on the blocks, trying to get the corners right. Chris went to the office. Then I pulled out a suitcase and a carry-on. I started packing. I went by my list at first. Then I went in the kitchen and started making breakfast and packing the elements as I went. Some were liquid so I had to substitute. Some had no substitute. Chris came back from the office and started doing laundry.

After eating a late breakfast, I started packing clothes and gifts and snacks. Finally I was down to the pillow tops. Chris said he had room in his carry-on. I was able to get them trimmed, and rimmed with the lace. I got the backs ready to go, then packed them in his bag.

I texted Keli to come get the key to the chapel and she did. I also gave her the swing book. Now she can practice on the chapel piano. It was almost 5. I packed up my computer and grabbed an extra handbag. Chris packed his laptop, and we rolled our stuff out to his car. We left the house and stopped at the post office for the mail – a Christmas card.

Then we drove to a hotel near the airport in SLC, listening to the book on CD. Chris checked in and then we moved our luggage to the hotel room. He set up his laptop, then went in the bathroom for a long time. I set up the extra handbag and fanny pack with what I most needed in the airport and packed the other handbag. Everything ready to go. Chris came out and I looked around for a place to put my laptop, but there wasn't one. I don't know why hotel rooms are only set up for one laptop. Chris took his laptop and sat in bed, so I set mine on the desk and finished listening to The Highwire from yesterday. Then I took the time to write a lengthy blog post and post for yesterday. Chris turned in for the night (such as it was). I stayed up a little later, trying to catch up on e-mail from the last few busy days.

I went to bed at 9:30, with my mp3 headphones. But the power soon ran out and then they wee just expensive earplugs. It was noisy at first, but things quieted down, still I could not sleep and it was a long time till Chris' alarm went off at 4.

No comments: