Friday, December 8, 2023

Winterfest

Thursday

I got up at 8, having slept pretty well. I think I have been sleeping better all week. I played my trombone, then did the usual morning stuff. I read e-mail a little too long. I went cleaning at 644. I did the hanging blinds, baseboards, utility room, and swept upstairs.

When I got back, I put on The Highwire and made breakfast. I watched for awhile, then paused it to get some fruit. That's when Chris came home for lunch. So I plugged in my headphones for the rest.

Afterward, I prepared for Winterfest by making a list of everything I meant to bring. I made copies of the triskele strips. I also packed music and a light on a stand from the garage. I had to hunt down a light bulb for it. I moved everything to my car.

I read a few more Telegram messages, then went to the Community Club. They showed me the new space allocated for the band. It was nice. They also gave me a table for my craft, which apparently no one knew I was bringing. Then I went to the chapel for markers and scissors. I left the door unlocked for Keli to get the keyboard.

I went home to change into red and black. Then I went to the club to set up the craft table. I also set up my trombone. Then I waited for the others to show up. Keli and her husband came in with stands, and then the keyboard. We plugged it in and set up the amp. Saronna came with her bass and an amp.

Then we waited for the tree-lighting ceremony to finish. It might have started late. We played a song here and there to warm up. But then, there was an influx of people. So we played our list of songs. It went well except I didn't give Saronna enough time on the last song to turn on the amp. So we played it again. People clapped. It was nice. I got some good comments later.

So then I sat with Isadora at the craft table. Sadly people were not much interested in the craft. A few came and colored strips, but gave up. The colonel's wife finished her daughter's project and I finished one. Mostly, I talked to people. Especially afterward with Gary and Terry and Stirling. There is interest in a Saturday evening sewing class.

It was 8:30 or later till we left. Chris helped me carry stuff to my car. I stopped at the swap shop to unlock it for Summer tomorrow. Then I went home and unloaded my car. I ate some zucchini relish and a grapefruit before settling down to write up the events of the day.

I posted for Math Morning and we watched two episodes of Psych, which ended after 11. Then we went to bed.

** We had a Grinch-themed event. Here I am with the mayor of Whoville. **

No comments: