Friday, December 29, 2023

Looking for a tree

Thursday

I got up before 7:30, in the dark. I followed the schedule I wrote down before I went on vacation. I made up 6 days of breakfast mix. I texted back and forth with Jenni and Michelle about buying a Christmas tree for the chapel. Chris approved it, but we couldn't not find a place with 12 foot trees in stock. Jenni said trees might be marked down on Saturday. I called William, but the ones he recommended were outside my price range.

I read some e-mail, then made breakfast. I listened to The Highwire. Chris came home for lunch. He didn't like the way the lawyer asked a question, so made me pause it to listen to his opinion on how the people I listen to are liars.

He went back to work and I finished listening. I listened to some other stuff. I went to the company house to get the laundry started, then went walking with Michelle. I went home, then over to Jessica's house to see what she left behind. Went home to message her. Jenni called from the swap shop and we talked.

I went back to the company house to start the next load. But the first load hadn't run. I guess I forgot to press the button after setting all the dials. Sigh. On the way home, I stopped at the swap shop to see Jenni. She gave me a bag to keep for her and a book of clarinet music for the Baptist hymnal.

When I got home, I put the last steak in the oven. I made a small salad from leaves of plants growing around the house. After eating, I listened to several interviews. I worked on my blog.

Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to listen to James Corbett. I also listened to part of a meditation, then turned the computer off and went to bed.

No comments: