Saturday, December 23, 2023

Carolina Peddlers and Mt Airy

Friday

The alarm went off at 7. After a bit, we got up and showered and dressed. I meant to practice, but there was no time. I packed my breakfast foods but did not pack my laptop since there would be no time to use it. Chris took the luggage out to the Highlander. We headed to Lumberton, and I crocheted all the way.

We arrived at Carolina Peddlers at noon. Linda and Mary were waiting for me. We greeted each other and stood on the sidewalk talking. It was mildly cold. Then we went inside and continued to visit as we walked around and looked at the items for sale.

The warehouse was divided up into booths. But no one manned them. Some were themed, some had crafts, some antiques, and some had yard sale items. They were very interesting to look at, but the prices seemed high and Christmas stuff was not marked down.

Then we walked next door to the dollar store. I found some garland there. We shopped and we checked out. Then we went to Pier 41 for lunch. It is a seafood place. And it was good, but not great.

Afterwards, we went back to Carolina Peddlers where Mary's car was. The three of us exchanged gifts. I gave Linda a bag for Silvia, but it wasn't as full. We hugged goodbye. Then headed to Mt. Airy.

It was our second 3 hour trip of the day. It was 7pm when we arrived at Myra'shouse. They hadn't been home long, having just arrived 2 hours earlier. She had chicken soup on the stove, so we had a bite to eat. We talked into the evening, then went to bed.

** Mary doesn't like her picture taken (although neither does Chris) so she took this pic of Chris and me and Linda. **

No comments: