Saturday, December 9, 2023

Math Morning used for measuring and cutting

Friday

I got up after 8 because I hadn't slept well. I dragged myself out of bed to do the usual morning things, like water the tower garden. Chris asked me if I had made the pillows for his mother. The ones she asked for a year ago? Yikes. So I took that project bag with me to Math Morning.

It was pretty cold and windy outside. I ran up to the chapel and unlocked it. I set up in the fellowship hall. I wasn't expected anyone because Saronna and her family had to go to a doctor's appt. I took the materials out of the project bag. I separated the sheets of paper because there were two different sizes of templates. I cut some three inch strips, then subcut them into the patch sizes. I did enough white for one pillow. I wasn't sure what the coloring was going to be for the others, but they also used 3 inch strips so I cut those strips too. IT was easier than working at home.

At 10:30 I locked up and went home. I checked Facebook in case anyone had commented on Math Morning, but no one had. I remembered sending my m-i-l a pic of 8 different colorations. I searched the desktop computer first and then my laptop. Finally I searched e-mail. When I found it, the message told me which one she picked and it was easier than what I had thought. Then I went to my overflowing sewing room to continue working.

I cut out enough blue pieces to make one top. I sewed the pieces in trapezoidal strips. When Ironing, the white seemed to stick to the bottom of the iron, even though I was using a #4 setting. So I got a press cloth.

I sewed some strip sets together and then Chris came home from the office to make lunch. I hadn't realized how late it was. I abandoned the project in order to make and eat breakfast. Then I quickly made a grocery list. Around 2 we went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. Again, it was cold and super chilly when we got out of the car. I ran into the store. We shopped and I hurried to Melanies while Chris checked out. I bought a few things there and talked to them. Chris came inside after getting some books from the game store. I checked out and we left together. We proceeded to Macey's and then went back to base. We stopped at the commissary and then went home.

After putting the groceries away, he made his supper. I looked at a video of Myst IV and photographed some hints. Then I heated the rest of the beef for supper and made a salad from the tower garden and surrounding plants (with a little help from the grocery store).

I read e-mail and Telegram messages. I worked on my blog. I tried eating some frozen cheese squares. They seemed ok. I put the last three muffins aside for Michelle. I finished watched New World Next Week.

It was 8:30 when I got ready for Game Night. I went to her house and gave her the muffins and a strainer that she asked to borrow. The game Myst IV was up. I went through the opening sequences, then explored the room. Atrus asked me to mind the amplitude and such so I did, not very successfully. But it didn't matter since the machine had a few small explosions and Atrus gave me a bunch of instructions and left. Which he was going to do anyway so...

I looked around, read a clue from my phone, and found an elevator going down. At the bottom, I explored a bunch of bridges and rooms. I found a lot, but none of it helped in following his instructions. I had to read another clue or two. I found a control panel and had to figure out how it worked. And I did. But getting the right amount of power to the water wheel seemed impossible because when I gave it 4 units, it wasn't enough and when I gave it 5 units, it was too much. But then I noticed the time was after 11, so I thanked them and went home and to bed.

No comments: