Wednesday, December 13, 2023

No heat in the swap shop

Tuesday

I got up after 8, doing some mental programming. I did the usual morning things, like watering the tower garden. I harvested some ice. I made more of all three mixes needed for seed crackers.

I worked on the pillow tops until Ginger came over wearing a pair of pants to be hemmed. We talked as I pinned the hems and she repeatedly wanted them lowered. Saronna called during the process to say 3 of her kids were sick so we couldn't play today. And I got a text from Keli about opening the chapel tomorrow.

After I finished with Ginger and she left, I headed to the apartment. I got in 15 minutes of carpet shampooing before I had to go to inspection at 644. When I arrived, Jamie was mopping the floor in the utility room. Gasp! As she finished up and headed to the shed, I greeted the inspectors. They took pics outside and then we went inside. I saw the floor in the den needed mopping (again?). The inspector only pointed out one spot, but I assured her that we would re-mop the whole thing. She also found a spot on the countertop, so I washed the whole area. I mentioned the heating unit set-up and then the head of Housing came and looked at it.

During the inspection, Christine called from the swap shop to say there was no heat. So after the signing of the papers, I went over there to take a small portable heater that I had bought on Ebay for my bathroom to see if it worked. And it did. I asked her about kid puzzles which Keli texted about, and she said she'd take some to the library.

So then I went to the apartment, but Jamie wasn't there. I called and she came right over. She took the red thing with her (later to be identified as a tire stand), and stuff from the storage unit. There was the smallest wet/dry vac I have ever seen. We tested it out and it seemed powerful. She said I should keep it in case we needed it.

She left and I stayed to clean some more, mostly shampooing. Then I went home for a late breakfast. After 3 I went back to the house to see if the work was done. And yes, the floor looked good and all the little things had been taken. So I went back to the apartment. I called Michelle to see if she would shove furniture around for me. I cleaned the hard floors until she arrived. Then she talked about her job while I vacuumed and shampooed. She moved the furniture as needed and was a big help. Then she left for a meeting.

I finished shampooing and took down the shower curtain. Revonna texted about having a sign-over on Thursday morning. I took more cleaning stuff home with me. Jamie was raking my leaves. But I only stopped long enough to pick up the house key for 644 and return it to Housing. While I was there, I scheduled an inspection for apt 112 for tomorrow afternoon.

When I got back, I talked to her, let her know what was going on. I showed her my pile of ice. Then I let her continue while I went into the garage to tape up one open end of the TV box and to stuff the other open end with styrofoam. I did not have enough.

It got dark. I went into the kitchen and Chris came home. He made his supper and pulled out the turkey soup for me. I told him about the swap shop having no heat and maybe the yoga room next door didn't either.

Then I made and ate a salad, then the soup. I worked on the pillow tops, added mitered borders to one and getting the next one ready. I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of Psych. I looked up some of the guest stars. I read some e-mail then worked on the pillow tops until I started making mistakes. Then I did my stretches and went to bed.

No comments: