Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Still working on pillows and the apartment

Monday

I got up after 8. After getting myself ready for the day, I started jotting down my routine in case I forget it by the time we get back from Christmas vacation. I tried to harvest ice, but, inexplicably, it wasn't completely frozen.

I trimmed the pillow blocks. They were too small, so I cut some strips to go around. I took a pic and sent it to Cecily for approval. Then I read some e-mail.

At 10 I headed to the apartment. I finished the kitchen, and scrubbed the bathroom, and the windows. I could not open 4 of them so those sills did not get cleaned.

At 12:30 I left to go home for breakfast. Chris was still having lunch, but soon went back to work. I ate and read e-mail. I toyed with the idea of ordering a Spinwave, but I think the price will go lower if I wait.

At 3 I went to the library to get the next season of Psych. Keli asked me how to empty the vacuum cleaner bag. I showed her. We talked about other things and I fielded a call from Jamie. Then I went to Gary's office with my two posters and we talked about that. He said a meme contest would be a good idea.

I went to the apartment to scrub baseboards and vacuum the rug. Around 5:30 I packed up and came home. I figured out that I had spent 11 hours on it already. So I bid too low. I went home and heated a bowl of turkey soup. Chris came home and made cauliflower steaks.

After eating, I took him to 644 to see the heater set-up. We surprised Jamie who was still there cleaning. She showed him how it was plugged in. He said it wasn't up to code.

After awhile, we left. When we got back, I turned off the led lights clipped to the tower garden. I made a small salad. I worked on my blog. I made tea. We watched the first two episodes of Psych season 6. Chris went to bed but I stayed up later.

No comments: