Sunday, December 31, 2023

Bagging the tree and bringing it back

Saturday

I got up around 8. I went through the morning routine. I looked up Myst IV hints to find out what I was not getting about the game last night. Jenni called and we decided to go shopping at 10. I ate some nuts and a banana.

She rang the door bell and I left with her. She drove us to Lehi. We started communicating with Michelle who was already out somewhere at a gym. We decided to start at the Costco there. Michelle said she was on her way so recommended that we hit Hobby Lobby until she arrived.

So Jenni and I went to Hobby Lobby. We asked where the trees were and then walked over there. There was one tree, 12 feet tall, bearing a tag saying it was the last one. So I guarded it while Jenni went to get a salesperson. Well, one walked by me, so I asked him. And he said there were 4 in the back. He said it was $1200 marked down to $300. Then he went back to get one.

That's when Michelle showed up. She was blown away by the tree! She went on and on about how she never thought we would find a good one and will never doubt me again. Ha! So we stayed in the area, picking out 75% off Christmas stuff. A lady brought us a tag that said to present to the cashier for the tree.

We looked at other stuff. Jenni went to look for one thing and Michelle and I looked at fabric. I even chose a few. Just when I needed a clerk to cut, one showed up. Then we went up front to check out. Michelle went first, then Jenni, and finally I bought the fabric and the tree. A man rolled it out in two big boxes. Jenni opened her car and he shoved them in.

We all went next door to Smith's, a grocery store. We got stuff from the deli and sat at a table to eat and talk. Then Michelle headed home, while Jenni and I bought some pomegranates (10 for $10) before finding a dollar store. I got impatient, but eventually we checked out of there and headed back to base. It was a long trip.

She pulled up in front of the chapel. I called Chris but his phone didn't answer. She called her husband and he came over. She backed her car up to the front doors and he got the boxes out and carried them in to the narthex. Then he went home and Jenni took me home.

Chris was folding laundry and starting supper. I went to the company house to put the door rug back in place and remove a plastic bag left behind. When I got back, I jotted notes for my blog while Chris made cauliflower steaks and mushrooms.

I read e-mail and listened to The Great Taking. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to hear the rest of The Great Taking. Basically, the financial system is rigged so that all collateral will end up in the hands of the 1% of the 1%. The UCC has been quietly changed to render everything collateral – or something like that. With that thought, I went to bed.

No comments: