Thursday, December 14, 2023

Busy day followed by an impromptu game night

Wednesday

I got up around 7:40. I turned the tower garden and harvested ice. Most of them were frozen on top and bottom but liquid inside. It was 20 degrees out so I don't know why they were frozen through.

I prepared for coffee morning with special exercises and Christmas music. After meditating and tapping, I cleaned the bathrooms and started on the kitchen. I saw Jamie out in the yard so I checked my phone. She had sent me her hours for 644 and a price for yardwork. I calculated her share of 644 and prepared an envelope. She came to the door and I gave it to her. We talked about gophers.

Chris came home for lunch. I finished the kitchen and did the vacuuming. Then I took my shower and got dressed. I went to the apartment and picked up my vacuum and cleaners. I brought it home. I saw Saronna had messaged about playing this afternoon so I threw my trombone in the back seat. I went back to the apartment for the shampooer. I cleaned it out and wrapped the cord. When I opened the door to wheel it out, I saw a stain on the carpet under the door. So, I soaped up the stain and ran the carpet cleaner again. Then I took it home.

I took it out of my trunk then added the pants to be hemmed. I went back to the apartment and the inspectors were there. We went in and they did their thing. I mentioned that I could not open the windows so didn't do all the sills. But Connie got two open so I cleaned as best I could with the wash cloth I had.

After the inspection, I went to Saronna's house. Her girls were home sick. We played some Christmas songs for Thursday. Then she had to go to the school for Wilhelm. I went to Jenni's house to water the plants. I brought her mail in and saw that there was a misdelivered card.. After going to Housing to turn in the apt key, I went to the post office to turn in the card.

Then I went to the chapel to measure and cut the ends of the pants for Ginger. I left the door unlocked for Keli. The weather wasn't back, so I went to the gas station to fill up, Revonna texted about the quote, so I drove over to her house. She said the door was open so I went in and looked around till she arrived. She told me all the problems she'd had with the house and moving. I gave her a quote for $400. We agreed to meet at the inspection tomorrow at 10.

Michelle wanted to meet at 5, so I went to the gym and waited a few minutes. She arrived talking on the phone. She wanted to walk and talk, and I was too tired to lift weights. So we walked. We talked after she hung up, and stopped when she got another call.

I went home, exhausted. I laid down but could not sleep. I opened the coconut from last week and ate the inside. I worked on my blog. I worked on Ginger's pants. It was difficult fabric to work with, kind of a flimsy knit.

I went to Michelle's house for early game night. I had enough clues to fix the power grid. Then there was an earthquake and when my character woke up, I was in the water and it was night time. I roamed up and down the little strip but could not get anywhere. Finally I gave up. I talked with Michelle and Casey for awhile, thinking to go home earlier than usual. But it was till 11 when I left.

I checked e-mail, then jotted notes for my blog and went to bed.

No comments: