Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Christmas with Faye and the gang

Monday

I got up around 8. I got ready for the day. I made and ate breakfast so I could pack what was left over. I spent the next hour or so packing my carry-on and suitcase. After rolling all my clothes into the smallest bundles possible, I actually got all my purchases into the suitcase (in addiction to most of what came out of my suitcase).

Then I cleaned in the kitchen, wiping counters and the stove. I looked for a broom but could not find one. I found a vacuum, but it did not do well on the kitchen floor. I had to use the crevice tool to pick up crumbs. It did better on the carpet however. I emptied the cup multiple times.

Chris topped of the Highlander and packed our luggage in the Olds. He drove to Faye's house while I crocheted. Faye met us and he and she moved the luggage to her van. We talked about where was best to park the Olds.

Chris sat in the livingroom while Faye and I discussed how to set the table and chairs for eating. Then we put out the leftovers from church yesterday, which was plenty. She had a canned ham, which Chris helped me open and slice. I ate and Chris ate and Patrick came in later.

Faye went to pick up Kevin's dad at the home. When she brought him in a wheelchair, it would not fit through the door to the kitchen, so Chris held him steady standing up while Kevin folded the chair to get it in. Then Kevin's dad sat at the table. Faye put some food on his plate but he was more interested in listening to our conversations. William came over and had a bite to eat and talked with us.

When Chris mentioned that we should go to the airport, Faye took him back to the home. When she got back, we got in her van. Kevin and William came out to say goodbye. Then I crocheted as Faye drove us to the hotel by the airport. Again, we forgot to pay her for having the car inspected. Sigh.

Chris and I lugged our baggage to the hotel room. We got settled and read e-mail for awhile. I worked on my blog. I read e-mail until almost 9. Then we went to bed and cuddled. He fell asleep while I listened to my mind chatter all night.

No comments: