Sunday, December 24, 2023

Mayberry

Saturday

I had a restless night. We got up around 8:30. I took a shower, then Scott took his, then Chris took one. The house only has one bathroom. Myra made oatmeal and hard boiled eggs. I made my usual breakfast mix and ate an egg as well. We talked around the kitchen table.

Then we all got in the Highlander and went into town to see the statue of Andy and Opie. We also walked up and down the main street, passing Snappy Lunch and Floyd's barber shop. We stopped in a two fabric shops and I bought myself a little treat. I also found garland at a good price :)

Then we went up to the Blueridge Parkway to see a scenic spot. But the haze got in the way. Still, it was nice up there and it was interesting to see all the little yard sale -type places on the way up – not that we stopped.

Back at their house, Myra got out cut veggies and we had a meal as we continued to talk. It was nice to hear how well Chris and Scott got along. Around 5 we said goodbye and headed back.

As we drove, I crocheted, but soon finished the skein. The scarf/shawl was thicker than I wanted it, and I wondered if I could make a u shape in the middle by pulling out some rows and putting in shorter ones. I wondered in the dark as Chris drove.

After 4 hours, we pulled into the Damour's driveway. I grabbed my stuff and went in while Chris brought the luggage. He did a load of laundry as I practiced my trombone. I could not find my computer glasses anywhere, so used the craft pair to write the blog posts for Thursday and Friday. I deleted hundreds of e-mails.

I made tea and worked on my blog after finding my spectacles. I read e-mail until it was after bedtime, then did my evening routine and hit the hay. Chris joined me and we cuddled for warmth until the hot flashes set in. Then I fell asleep.

No comments: