Tuesday, December 5, 2023

It could have been worse

Monday

I got up at 7:30. I called Alex for the time of the sign-over. He said he left a message but my phone did not tell me about it. I did the usual morning stuff. I mended a black sock with white embroidery floss – all I could find. I watered the plants and wreath. I read some e-mail, and wrote three Christmas cards.

I went to Housing for more cleaning contracts, then to Anca's house to deliver the dress. I also went to the post office to get packages. I went to the house and it was 44 degrees. The heat was off and the sliding glass door was open. I fiddled with the thermostat to no avail. I cleaned for an hour. I went to the sign-over with a contract. He did not have cash so he had to go to the ATM. Then we finished the process. He needed more time to load his car so I told him to go ahead and I left it unlocked.

I met Jamie back at 644. She had the heat on. There was an outlet near the furnace and you could only power one of the two. She changed it from outlet to furnace. She looked through the fridge and took stuff home. I went home for lunch. I made breakfast and watched a video that said Matthew 17 vs 21 is missing. I checked in my old bible and yes it was missing. But a check of the internet said it was decided because some codexes didn't include it.

I went back to the house at 2, thinking Saronna would meet me then. But she didn't come. I didn't know where my phone was so I couldn't call her. I cleaned the cabinets and worked on the sliding glass door. Then around 3:30 she came over, leaving her kids at the nearby park. She filled a bag and took it out to her wagon. It took several such trips. We talked as she went through the fridge and I wiped out drawers. Then we exited through the garage. I encouraged her to take the bubble wand and wrapping paper that was there.

We talked again, and then she and her kids left. ( I found out later that they stopped and had a picnic from the food she got.) I went back to cleaning until 4:30. I decided to quit and take the rest of the food.

I went to the apartment to see how that turned out. The occupant was gone. He had left all the lights on and the doors unlocked. There was food in the fridge and cleaning stuff and a few other things. I picked up a silicon muffin pan and something called 'dry malt'. Since I did not have the key with me, I could not lock it. I went home.

For supper I ate some of the food from the house fridge, cooking it well. I examined the list of ingredients on two of the bottles. One was out of date. I also made a salad. Chris came home from work late. We conversed. Then he did his thing while I listened to This Weed with Mary and Polly.

I paused it at 6:50 and grabbed my trombone and went to the chapel. I unlocked it and let everyone in. I turned on the lights and set up stands. Sophia helped. Then the band played through all our Christmas music. We spent extra time on O Tannenbaum since we hadn't played it before. Then we talked about amps and stands and lighting for Thursday. And we were done.

I went home and put up the trombone. I worked on my blog. I made tea. We watched two episodes of Psych. I looked up some of the guest stars. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up later to watch an interview.

No comments: