Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Michele comes for a visit

Monday

We got up at 9 local. I felt much better having slept in a different bed. I took morning supplements and brushed my teeth. I got dressed and set Faye's machine on a desk near the kitchen. Chris found me some pins and I proceeded to pin a backing on one of the pillow tops. I bumped up against the tension knob of the machine and it fell off. I put it back on but it did not work. I thought it was threaded strangely, but found out it needed to be in order to make up for the tension. I wrestled with it to get it to sew through the layers of upholstery fabric. When done, I checked it to make sure the stitching was ok. Michele called to say she was on her way. I called Faye to tell her. I called William to see if he wanted to stop by later and see Michele at Faye's house.

I pinned and sewed the second pillow top. Then we headed out to Faye's house, but turned around to get the gifts. Then we drove to her house using 288. We arrived after noon and spoke with Faye until Michele arrived and joined the party. Then we all went to Cava for lunch. Faye insisted on paying. We had to eat at two different tables.

After lunch we went back to the house. Chris went back to Chester. Faye and Michele and I talked for hours. Kevin joined in now and then. It got dark and then I got in Michele's car and we went to see Chris. He was cooking porkchops for supper. They were really good. I also had some breakfast mix.

While he and Michele talked, I cleaned the stained glass light fixture over the table. Chris helped me by rinsing sponges to get all the soap off. It had been really greasy. Later, I went through a box of stuff from my childhood and Michele read my report cards. I had brought Dad;s trombone, so I played Christmas songs on it. Michele laid down. I made tea and we watched one episode of Psych.

Then Chris went to bed and soon so did I. I could not find my nightgown but Chris offered to keep me warm.

No comments: