Friday, December 15, 2023

Baking, plus playing at LDS party

Thursday

I got up before 8. I followed the morning routine, fertilizing the plants. I gathered supplement patches for the trip. I looked up trail mix. I finished using the Kaatsu device which is now charged.

I got a batch of trail mix ready and a recipe of oatmeal cookies. But there was no time to bake. I ran over to Revonna's house for the signing. When she arrived, we all went in her house. She had money and I had the contract and we all signed. Then the Housing ladies went to her new apartment. But she stood in the driveway talking to me. Then we both went over to see it.

While we were there, Chris called me, needing a tape measure. So I agreed to go home and find one. But Revonna said there was one in her car, so I took that one and met him at home. I helped him measure all the bigger rooms in our house. He wrote the numbers down on a diagram of the floor plan. Then he went back to work.

I made banana oatmeal cookies, two batches of trail mix (burned the second one), and cheese squares. I read some e-mail and saw Jessica post stuff she was getting rid of. I ran over there to snag the wheelbarrow.

I made breakfast and watched The Highwire. But before it ended, I got a call from Jessica. Her house did not pass inspection and she needed to sign it over to the cleaning team so they could leave. So I grabbed a contract and ran over. I was shown which parts did not pass. I made a list. I quoted her $100 and she agreed. So I filled out the contract and we all signed it. I put the money in an envelop and added a key. I also wrote down her garage code. I went home. I put the trail mix in jars. I posted that the swap shop would be unlocked. I wanted to give Ginger her pants, and take some trail mix to Shannon before 3, but I could not get a hold of them in time. I went to the swap shop and unlocked the door and turned on the lights.

I went to the gym to meet Shawn, the gym manager. I thought we were just having a discussion, but he did a full assessment, with health questions, measurements, resting and working heart rate, etc. He tried to talk me into working out more. The discussion went on until 4:30, then he promised to write me an exercise plan, and I left.

I met Ginger at the commissary and gave her the pants and trail mix. I took cookies for Mikeala, but she was out sick. Then I went up the hill and gave a jar of trail mix to Shannon. I took trail mix to Melissa at the library. Then I got a text from Revonna about going to the swap shop.; So I went there and waited. I called Jamie to see if she wanted to clean Jessica's house. Then Revonna and Jerry showed up with donations. They also looked around and found stuff. At least Revonna did. I helped her carry stuff out to her car. Then I went home.

Jamie came over to get the key and the list of things to do. Then Chris called from the LDS Christmas party and said Saronna was there and planning on playing. So I said I'd be over later. I heated and ate the last of the turkey soup. Then I dressed up like I did for Winterfest. I drove to the church with my trombone, music, and a present for Saronna.

I walked into the big room, expecting the program to have started. But they were finishing up eating. I sat with Saronna. Michelle and Chris came over. The little kids did a manger scene. Very cute. Christina sang. Then Saronna and I were up. But there was no music stand. Karen went to get one. Then we played God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. A few other people played. Then we sang and it was over. Chris stayed to help put chairs away. The colonel vacuumed the floor. I talked to Tiffany. Then Chris took my trombone home and I drove myself. I almost got searched at the gate because he told his security team to tag me for the random search. But then they relented.

When I got home, he told me what he'd done. We changed clothes. We watched an episode of Psych. He went to bed and I stayed up to write my blog.

No comments: