Saturday, December 23, 2023

Neighbor party

Thursday

I am not sure when I got up. My watch and laptop are on Mountain time. The clock in the edroom and Faye's car are on Daylight Savings time. My phone and most clocks around, are on Eastern time. So I am never sure what time it is.

I did the usual morning stuff. I read e-mail. I called Faye to come pick me up so Chris can get me at the end of the day. I played Christmas tunes on the trombone. I read more e-mail and listened to several interviews: Spike proteins can cause a lack of production of new nerve cells in the hippocampus which leads to Alzheimers and other neurodiseases. It aids in indoctrination. Alzheimers in Germany went up 30% from 2019 to 2021. We need neurogenesis to reverse it. Oxytocin is one way to start neurogenesis.

At 11 I got dressed and made breakfast. Faye came over. I put on my shoes. Then she drove me back to her house. We got the Oldsmobile started. It needed gas, and the drive way was blocked. So we took her car to Cosco and filled two cartons with gas. Then we went back to the house. The car blocking the driveway was gone. She put gas in the tank and I started the car. After a bit, I turned it off. We went to Allen's Tires to check the route. They said they could get it inspected tomorrow. So we went back. I drove the Olds to the inspection place and left them the keys.

Then we went to Quilter's Corners. They had moved to a larger space. I looked around and talked to the lady at the desk. Then we saw the dogs in the back. Someone was socializing them to be seeing eye dogs. I made a note to tell Kevin and Patrick.

Then Faye took me home. She dropped me off and went to pick up Patrick. I sat on the front porch with Kevin and crocheted. When she got back, Patrick and Kevin went next door for the drop-in party. I kept crocheting, waiting for Faye. Finally, getting cold, I went inside to look for her. She was chatting with the contractor lady. So I joined in. Eventually, we left so she could finish her work.

We went next door and met the couple, and some of our neighbors whom I hadn't met before. The man looked like Alec Baldwin, although it took me hours for my brain to come with the name. We mingled and had some refreshments. At 6:45 I called Chris to come get me. Then we talked a little longer, said goodbye and went back to the house.

The contractors were gone. I crocheted waiting for Chris. He showed up, exchanged a few words, and took me to the Damour house. He heated up the last pork chop while I looked up Alec Baldwin. I thought he had played Batman, but he played The Shadow.

I ate my supper and listened to part of an interview. I made tea and we watched the last two episodes of Psych season 6. Then I got ready for bed, but stayed up reading e-mail.

No comments: