Thursday, March 28, 2024

A new library card

Wednesday

I got up around 8, having slept pretty well. I noticed the paused bedtime story was not what I thought I had played. So maybe I had fallen asleep in the chair. I took a dose of DB.

I made coffee, threw out the peas because they never did sprout. I exercised, meditated and tapped. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I washed dishes and whatever was around that needed washing. Chris came home for lunch. I vacuumed until he left, then mopped the kitchen floor. I took a shower.

I tried Arma again and was finally able to get through and report the shocking stove. I met Michelle at the gym. We lifted weights and worked out on the machines. Then we went to her house for celery juice. I rinsed the juicer. Then she went back to the gym and I went home.

I fertilized all the house plants. Then I took my Lutheran hymnal and trombone and met Keli at the chapel. We played through some hymns and decided to use only the Celebration hymnal versions.

She suggested I go to the library to make large copies. So I did. I met the new librarian. She had trouble with the copy machine so she took a pic of the hymns with her camera then printed them out on her printer. I walked around and looked at TV series. Then we chatted about ILL. But that didn't work out. I wanted to use the card catalog, and she referred me to a computer. But it required a library card number. Haven't seen my card in years. She looked me up online, then issued me a new card. At that point she had to know who I was. She treated me for formally after that.

I walked out with a new card. I went home to drop off my trombone. Chris was getting ready for Mass. I told him about there being no interlibrary loan programs. He left, and I opened a coconut and drank the juice.

Then I decided to go clean the company house for an hour. I pulled out the stove to clean behind it, but could not find a broom. I noticed the laundry nook looked cleaned so I called Jamie to find out if she had cleaned it. Then she asked me to pick her up, which seemed odd, but ok. I jumped in the car and went to her house. She was almost ready.

She got in and I headed back to the house, but she mentioned the apartment. Turns out she thought we were going to a quote in the apartment building. She had texted me the information, but not to my number by mistake. So we went to the apartment in question. We met the occupant and looked around his apartment. We quoted him $260 and discussed sign-over day.

I took her home and we chatted about her kids. Then I went home. Chris was back from Mass. We chatted, then I got online to read e-mail. I worked on my blog. Michelle texted me pics of her carrying a mattress home on her car roof.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of WTR. Do you suppose Chuck Norris is serious about martial arts, or is he just in it for kicks? Chris went to bed, but I stayed up to read and then resume listening to the bedtime story. When it appeared to be winding up, I paused it and went to bed.

No comments: