Sunday, March 3, 2024

Haircuts

Friday

I got up around 8. I hadn't slept well, but for no particular reason, even with the mp3 headphones (although the right hand earbud wasn't working).

I watered the plants and got ready for Math Morning. I texted Casey, then headed out. I stopped at the swap shop to replace the key. I went to the chapel and opened the doors. I turned on the lights and settled down with a book called Vedic Math.

Casey came in, and then Saronna and her kids. Sophia sat by me for help with a math problem. Then she drew pictures on the dry erase board until her mother gave her an old math book. Then she sat by me and we worked on proportions. But she said cross multiplication wasn't what she was taught and now she can't remember how she was supposed to do it.

At 10 we packed up. Casey left. I followed Saronna out and when the kids got ahead of her, I quietly told her about yesterday and how badly I felt pretending I had dropped the key. She said she wholeheartedly endorsed my plan because it was important that the kids not know.

As she walked home, I drove home. I scanned hymns into the old computer, deleted black marks, then printed them out in a larger print (so I can read them on Sunday morning). It took about 15 minutes per hymn. Chris came back from whatever meeting he went to, and fixed pizza for lunch.

At noon I made and ate breakfast, viewing some of the tapping audios from yesterday. Then I went to the company house to start the laundry. When I got back, I went to Greatclips.com and added my name to their list. Chris wanted his name added too, but it wouldn't let me.

He packed the cooler and we headed to Tooele. He wanted to talk about my character in his new game, which won't start until we finish the game with John. Then we listened to the book on CD. When we got to Tooele, we shopped at Luckey's and Melanies. We went to Macey's next. He shopped while I went to Great Clips but my name had been deleted because it had been over half an hour. Sigh. I added my name and his.

We sat and waited for half an hour. I watched another man get his hair cut the way Chris does. I watched as the hairdressers finished with one person, then swept their area before getting the next person. I wondered if our wait would go faster if I volunteered to sweep the floors.

After getting our hair cut, we went back to base. We shopped at the commissary and went home to unpack the groceries. I finished the tapping audios before they were taken down. Then I went to the company house to throw the wet wash in the dryer. I also wiped down the kitchen and bathroom. Then I went to the new house to see what state it was in. He'd left some big things behind. But what I was interested in was the coffee pot. I checked all the cupboards and shelves for stuff and found some lids, and trash.

I went home where Chris had cooked rice, steak, mushrooms, and cauliflower for supper. I ate and listened to the first tapping audio of the next day. Then I worked on my blog and heated tea. We watched two episodes of SGA. Chris went to bed so he can get up at 4:30am to game with the guys. I stayed up to finish the first tapping audio and check Telegram messages.

No comments: