Sunday, March 3, 2024

The day turned from windy to snowy

Saturday

Chris got up at 4:30 to play DnD. It was very windy. I went back to sleep. I got up at 8 and he was back. I took supplements and checked e-mail. I put carrot tops and papaya seeds in the dehydrator to dry. I finished a tapping audio from the new set. I read Telegram messages.

Chris gave me a massage and I made breakfast while he took his shower. Then I took my shower. I ate breakfast while watching the RFK JR. movie.

I gathered fabric and such, and went to the chapel. I had to leave from the garage because the front door was blocked by tumbleweed. I unlocked the doors of the chapel and the girls came in. They had walked, but their mother and younger brothers came in the car. I enlisted their help in setting up the machines.

Then I showed them how to get started on the strawberry coaster. Mariah came. She knew how to sew, but the quilting part was new. When she finished hers, she helped the girls with theirs, since I was busy with Wilhelm. Then Jedidiah, who is two and a half, said he wanted to make one too. I wasn't ready for that.

Mariah left and everybody helped put things back in order. They went out the side door and discovered that the world was covered in snow! I went out the front to lock that door. When I got to my car, it was snowed in. But it was a dry snow, so I turned on the windshield wipers and it cleared easily.

I drove home slowly. I picked up the snow brush and cleaned off my car. I went inside for a few minutes, then came back out and had to brush off my car again. I went to the company house to make the bed and fold the towels and sweep the floors. I was going to clean the new house, but decided the snow was falling too hard. So I brushed off my car with the broom went home.

I watched more of the movie. I heated steak and rice and mushrooms in the toaster oven for supper. Then I had to pause it again. I dug out my car, and went back to the chapel for Project Night. I unlocked the doors and sat, wishing I had remembered to bring a project. Then Mery and Stirling arrived with their machine and stuff. He sat at one of my machines and worked on something. She had rectangles of fabric to hem. So I helped her do that. Casey also came with his project, but it was electrical and had fallen in the snow so it didn't work. I asked him about Knife Night and he said it went well. Stirling said he'd like to try it.

Anyway we sewed on. Casey left after 8. Stirling broke the needle so his wife found him a new one. But in putting it in, he dropped it into the bobbin area and we had to take it apart to get it out. Then we finished hemming and cleaned up, putting most of the stuff back in the closet. We walked out the front door and locked it. Then we went home.

I got the big water container and and some tea. I went to Michelle's house for Game Night. We talked and I played, but not very successfully. She looked up hints for me. Then she had to lay down. I tried a little longer, but it was close to 11, so I shut the game down. Casey microwaved some grapes for me so I could see what plasma looked like. But it didn't work well. I thanked Casey and went home.

I worked on my blog, then went to bed.

No comments: