Friday, March 1, 2024

A difficult sign-over

Thursday

I got ready for the day, then looked into LED research on melatonin production. I went through the tapping videos posted yesterday. I made up a contract and went to the sign-over at 11. The occupant wasn't ready. I took him to post office to get a money order, but all he had was a credit card and they wouldn't take it. Then I took him to the ATM. He got enough to pay for cleaning, but not for his rent. Then we went back to sign the papers. The Housing people were still there, but had to sign quickly so they could go to their next inspection. He seemed overwhelmed, but after making some suggestions, I left. I went home to make breakfast and listen to The Highwire. I also prayed for him. I cooked some eggs by cracking them into boiling water. Men came at 1 to check the LED lights and dim them but there was no dimmer switch on the fixture.

I finished watching The Highwire and eating eggs. I started checking e-mail. I looked through my picture files and found the sewing project I wanted. THEN, I remembered that I had printed it out over a week ago. I found the pages and saw that I had written instructions on the templates. I pulled some red and some green fabric from my stash, and followed the directions. Then I took a pic of it and made announcements of the class to both the community pages.

Saronna called around 4:30 to ask if the swap shop was going to be open. Jenni usually opens it at 3 but she decided to start opening it at 5. I told her to post it to the Facebook page, which she did, but not until 5. So I went down there to open it. But I didn't have the key with me because I had hidden it in the hallway so Summer could use it. And I didn't want all those kids standing around to see where it was. So I walked up to the door, and pretended the key was suddenly missing. I told them I must have dropped it outside. So they all went out to help me find it. I grabbed it from its hiding place and went outside to look, dropping it behind my back. Then I picked up a piece of trash and threw it in the dumpster. That's when Sophia found it. So we all trooped in and I unlocked the swap shop and the furniture room.

Anka and her kids showed up so the place was busy! I was hoping to find a quiet moment to return the key to its spot, but that didn't happen. Jenni showed up at 5. So I just said goodbye and took the key home with me. I should be able to return it tomorrow morning.

When I got home, I created announcements for Project Night and Math Morning, finding a pic to go with each one. Then I went back to reading messages and e-mail and articles. Then at 5:45 I remembered that there was one tapping meditation left for Day 3. So I called it up and started listening to it hoping it wouldn't end at 6 when the Day 4 audios come up. Chris came home and made his supper, then asked about his knife-in-progress. So I paused the meditation to talk to him. Then I was able to finish it even though it went past 6.

Chris said he was going to leave at 6:30 for Knife Night. So I asked him to call up Netflix on the TV so I could watch the last season of Royal Pains. And he did, then Casey pulled up to collect him. Off they went.

I didn't intend to spend all evening watching episodes, but I did. My stomach wasn't feeling well after eating the eggs so I only had a light supper, in front of the TV. I think I watched 4 episodes before Chris came home.

Then I made tea and added magnesium. We watched one episode of SGA. Then I got him to put some tea tree oil on the itchy spot on my head. I sat in the bathroom for awhile and then felt better. Chris went to bed, but I stayed up to post to my blog.

No comments: