Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Swap shop, swap shop, swap shop

Monday

I got up at 8. I took the special probiotic, then half an hour later, took my usual supplements. I checked e-mail and messages. Before nine, I went to the apartment to spray the tub and get the toilet ring soaking. Then I went to the company house to clean. I was there for two hours, but spent half an hour helping Jenni roll a mattress home on an office chair. Michelle pitched in. Jenni gave me an envelop of cash to give to the rental guy.

At 11 I went to Michelle's house for celery juice. She was at the gym and told me to help myself, so I did. As I was cleaning up, Isadora surprised me. I had forgotten that it was spring break.

Then I went to the swap shop to unlock it so Maintenance could get in. I also got the mail, and chatted with the postmaster. I went back to the company house for another half hour. Then I went home for lunch, just missing Chris.

I made and ate breakfast and read e-mail. At 2, I went back to the company house to clean. I scrubbed the air intake in the kitchen and turned the heat back on. I finished cleaning the fridge and pushed it back in place. I cleaned the baseboards in the three bedrooms and mopped the floors. Then I shut the doors.

At 4:45 I went home to rest. Someone messaged me that they wanted to stop by the swap shop at 5:30. I drank a can of Olipop. I tried to read e-mail but the connection was up and down.

I went to the swap shop. There were bags of clothing laying outside the door. I dragged them in and put them in the appropriate boxes. I untied a rug and laid it out so people could see it. Then I looked at the volunteer book.

Then she and her husband arrived with three boxes of discarded library books. We chatted a bit and she left. I turned out the lights and went home. I was so tired that I just sat in my car for awhile. Eventually I went inside. I looked at messages and Chris came home.

We chatted and then I got a text to meet the rental guy at the apartment. So I drove over there. He asked me to help him move the mattress to his truck. So I did my best, breaking three fingernails in the process. Then we both drove to the swap shop. I opened the doors for him. This time he carried the queen size mattress himself. We left it propped up against a set of bed frames. I thanked him and he left.

I went home. I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of WTR. I tried to change the sound files on my ipod. After clearing it, it said it was empty but it still played the file I wanted to get rid of. The file did not show up in the directory. I tried filling it with other files, but it said there wasn't enough room. Huh.

I plugged the long headphones into my laptop and queued up a bedtime story. I sat in the blue recliner and hoped to fall asleep. I tried laying back, but then the street light hit my face. So I sat and listened for an hour, then went to bed.

No comments: