Friday, March 8, 2024

Tumbleweeks are flammable

Thursday

I got up at 7:30, having slept pretty well. I took supplements, brushed and swished. I changed the water that the carrots grow in. I sewed a button on Chris' shirt. I watched a video on the widespread use of nanoparticles. I submitted my cleaning hours for February. I listened to the next tapping audio. I made more spice mix. I finished the tapping video. I put some eggs in the toaster oven. When they were done, I ate about half and left the rest in the dish.

I went to the house to clean. It looked like someone had been there, but the big items were still present. I cleaned in the bedroom and did baseboards and closets. I worked on the mineral buildup in the kitchen sink and bathroom, to little avail.

I went home for breakfast. Chris was there but he didn't stay long. I ate while watching The Highwire. Del interviewed Ron Paul. I checked e-mail as it played. I got one from ArMA saying my work order had been marked resolved.

About the time it was over, I filled the black pot with 4 quarts of goat milk and turned it on low. I went to the swap shop to see if they had a DVD player with a remote, but none of them did. I checked the bathroom in the furniture room to see if the toilet had been replaced. But none of the work I asked for had been done. Hmmm.

I went to the library to return a book that Chris brought home but I had already read. We chatted for a bit , then I went home to stir the milk. When it was ready, I poured in the vinegar and it cheesed. I turned it off and covered it and went back to the house to clean.

When I got there, it looked like the car next door was on fire. But on closer inspection, it was a smoker grill next to the car. I parked as far away as possible. I could see that tumbleweeds were piled next to and under the grill. So I went I got inside, I pulled out my phone and told Chris about the tumbleweeds and my concern that they might catch fire.

I went back to cleaning. Later I saw the car next door drive away. No more smoke. Then the police arrived to check it out. I mopped a floor and then saw the police were gone. Later someone was carrying tumbleweeds across the street to the large pile. I finished up and grabbed the cleaners I needed for tomorrow and went home.

I collected the curds from the milk and put them in a sprouter to drain. I sieved the whey and collected three bottles of it. I put almost half of the cheese in a jar for Michelle. I worked on e-mail and Telegram messages. I worked on my blog. I noticed Jenni hadn't posted for the swap shop so I called her. She was in Tooele having doctors appointments. She had forgotten about the swap shop. She offered to change nights and that was ok with me as long as she posted that to Facebook in advance.

I made a salad for supper. I read about peptides. I posted announcements for Math Morning. I finished my blog post. I heated tea and we watched two episodes of SGA. Then he got ready for bed. I stayed up to listen to Sleep Suite with headphones. After awhile, I turned it off, shut everything down and went to bed.

No comments: