Sunday, March 17, 2024

Diane's last day

Saturday

I got up before 8. I took supplements, and brushed my teeth. I looked for some stiff junk mail to make templates from but Chris had taken out the recycling. While looking for something else to use, I saw dust on Chris' computer desk. He was gone as was his laptop, so I dusted the area and a few others that I saw. Then I enlarged and printed out some hymns for tomorrow.

I pulled some cardstock from my stash and made the square and circle template. I sat down to check e-mail and saw that my cousin's wife had passed away. She'd had cancer. Then I worked on my blog. Chris came back from gaming over an hour late. He fixed breakfast, then he and Michele chatted over the computer about applying for a job at Dugway.

I went to the company house. I gathered up the sheets and towels. I did not touch the bed that was not stripped because it had personal items on it. I made up the beds with extra sheets. I wiped down the kitchen and bathrooms. Then I took the dirty sheets home to wash.

When I got home, I put the towels in the washer with the pillowcases. I used the last of the laundry liquid, so I made two more gallons. Then I made breakfast mix for the next week. Chris and Michelle kept talking so no massage.

I made and ate breakfast and jotted notes for my blog. I headed to sewing class early. I got the machines set up, then waited. Moira came in and got started picking fabric, then tracing the square and the circle. Then the other kids arrived. Later Casey came with Isadora and then Diane. They all made a butterfly. Jedediah wanted to make something too, but I think he wanted to sew an airplane. (I am still looking for the right pattern for that).

The ladies wanted to go walking, so after class, I went home. I folded the company sheets and took them back to the company house. Then I met the ladies at the commissary. Jenni was bagging. When she was done, we walked around the block, taking extra turns. Mostly I talked to Jenni because Diane and Michelle were ahead. When we got back to the commissary, Jenni had to bag again. We agreed to meet at Project Night.

At home, I cut stack-n-whack triangles from the panel block. Then I ate supper and worked on my blog. At 7, I went to the chapel. Everything was already set up from earlier. The Lunas came and worked on monitor covers. Jenni came and made a strawberry coaster. Casey and Cedric came and worked on sonar.

It was after 9 till we packed up and locked the chapel. When I got home, Chris said it was too late for two episodes, so we only watched one episode of SGA. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to read. When I went to bed, I used the headphones. But they didn't put me to sleep.

No comments: