Wednesday, June 22, 2011

AC is fixed!

Since school is out, I no longer have to help second graders with math. So I slept in. Had I awoken before 6 like yesterday, I would have gotten up. As it was, it was closer to 8 and I didn't feel nearly as lively. I read some e-mail before breakfast, and some after. My back was still bothering me from yesterday. I gave the cats fresh water and refilled the empty food bowl. One cat had dragged my kite off the shelf and it made me wonder why. I took a shower and was lying on the bed doing a Sudoku puzzle when the lights went out. I waited for them to come back on. I checked the circuit breaker box, too. Chris suggested that I see if the stairwell lights were working to know if it was only our apartment. They were, and it was. So at his suggestion I flipped the main breaker off and back on. Bingo!
I had promised myself that I would work on my presentation for Saturday. So I got out my remaining set of EFT DVD's to find a nice segment to show with the presentation. But I discovered that they were scratched. Someone I had lent them to was not so careful with them. I previewed one and part of another, tapping along. MaryAnn came by to visit her cats, so I paused it. While she was here, the ac man came (a little early). While he was refilling the freon in the ac unit for the livingroom, I cleared space in front of the one in the bedroom and swept up the dust. After checking, he thought the bedroom unit was working fine, just too small for the room. It was fine last year, so I asked about the filters, and he pulled them out and cleaned them. Then stuck them back into the ac unit dripping wet! Oh well. I had him check the one in the computer room, and he said it was fine. So why is it so hot in here? A little while after he left, Chris came home. He left around 6 to see a movie with Michele, and he gave MaryAnn a ride home. I finished my DVD and started another one (there are 9). Chris and Michele arrived all too soon, but were willing to let me continue using the DVD player. It was after 10 when that DVD finished. Then I noticed that tapping along with the DVD's had relieved my back pain. I made Chris' sandwich for tomorrow, and now I'm off to bed.
* picture from Jeju. Hopefully you can see the ancient 'grafitti' to the right of the falls. *

No comments: