Saturday, June 4, 2011

Quilt for Chippy

It was a good morning. Chris woke me slowly. Then he let me sleep while he and Michele started their Saturday morning game with the voices. I got up later and cleared some e-mail before breakfast. But there was more e-mail to delete afterwards. Michele left when her game was over. We had lunch, then Chris drove us to post. He dropped me off at my car and went grocery shopping with his parents. I drove over to gate 17. I walked to the organic market and bought kimchi and eggs. On the way back I passed an itinerant sock seller, so I bought 5 pairs. I went back to my car, drove back to the parking lot and sat down to read until Chris came back. It wasn't long, and then we all went home. I was finally able to decide on a pattern and colors for Chippy's quilt. I put the top together, and pieced some batting. Then chose a paw print backing 'cause he is a chipmunk. I quilted it, and sewed on a binding. I was handstitching the back, when Chris and Cecily had supper ready. So we all sat down to eat. When Michele arrived, she was not hungry. She'd been to Everland, riding the rollercoasters. I finished the binding after supper. Then spent some quality time on a 3-tiered Sudoku puzzle. And now it is time for bed.

No comments: