Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Going out to eat...

The alarm was not set because the electricity went out several times. I was in the middle of a dream about being late for school, when I said to myself "It is just a dream." That is when I woke up and realized I was late. I quickly showered, dressed and had breakfast. I would have left on time, but I couldn't find my car keys. So I had to take the bus, and it arrived at 8:32. So I was late for math rotations in second grade. But it was a good day. The kids enjoyed the card game, and many students were missing. Since I did not have my car, and did not want to wait for the bus, I walked home. In the rain. Cecily was reading in her night gown when I got there. She dressed and I found my keys under a piece of paper in the computer room. The three of us went to post, took my car to the commissary, bought groceries, drove back to the parking lot, and carried the food home. By then it wasn't raining, so I am not sure why we needed the car. Anyway, I spent most of the rest of the day clearing e-mail. When Chris came home, he had a box of gifts from my sister. He said we should open them later since we planned to take Michele out to eat to celebrate her birthday. But before Michele arrived, an electrician came to fix the circuit overload. He discovered a plumbing problem where the dishwasher was leaking water onto an electrical connection. So he left, promising a plumber would come the next day. While he was working that out, Michele opened her gifts. She got a scarf and 4 umbrellas! Then we drove to post, parked at gate 12, and walked to the Indian restaurant in Itaewon. Michele picked the place. Cecily was able to order lamb. Chris got the palik panir. I had chicken curry, and Alfred got barbequed chicken. It was all spicy. We spent almost 2 hours there, and then stopped by Paris Baguette for desserts. Back at the apt, we shared the desserts. Well, not me because I don't eat that stuff anymore. Chris opened his present which was 5 DVD's and a pair of socks. I kept repeating "Now how did Faye know you wanted that DVD?" He liked them all. But it was almost time for bed so we didn't watch any.

No comments: