Monday, June 20, 2011

When fabric growls...

There were no cats to be seen this morning. But apparently they left 'presents' in the kitchen. Michele cleaned them up before I got up. Thinking that it meant they were unhappy with the litter box, I took the scooper and cleaned out the clumps. Then I had breakfast, e-mail, and a shower. I prepared cheese cubes for lunch, and sorted the recyclables. Cathy called for a ride. So after dropping off the cans, bottles, plastic, etc, I drove over to her apartment building. When we arrived at the SPC, the front entrance was full of men ripping out carpet to put in tile. We had to go around back to get in. It was just us, so we only set up for two. But eventually others did come. I think we finished 9 baby quilts today. Not many ladies came, and some left early, so we were always a small group. Pam stopped by, bringing me an iron, and asking us to make a tooth fairy pillowcase. It turned out great.
We had the best time together. And I got to do some sewing: I made 4 quilt tops with panel prints. Here is a pic of Ana and Cathy with Ana's quilt that Cathy helped her with. We worked late 'cause we just couldn't stop. MaryAnn came over about 3:30. She went home with me to visit her cats. But only one could be found. I think we looked for Rusty for an hour. I saw that he'd been in my fabric room. Piles of it had fallen out of the closet. But we couldn't find him in there. Later, when I was putting the fabric back on the shelves, I heard this noise like a cell phone on mute. Then I realized that it was Rusty growling. So I let Maryann dig him out. He had pushed one stack out and hidden behind another. I was so relieved. I had wondered if he'd gotten into something and fallen ill. After that Mary Ann stayed until Cinnamon at least was more comfortable. She left as Chris was preparing supper. As we ate, we watched the rest of Spiderman 2, and then watched "The Rocketeer" which came on Netflix. Now it is bedtime, but I don't have to make a sandwich 'cause Chris forgot it today. But I baked a new loaf anyway.

No comments: