Monday, June 27, 2011

Two weeks of quilts

I slept in until 8:30, but not on purpose. I keep forgetting to reset the alarm. While rushing to get ready, I got three phone calls. One was Cathy asking for a ride. So I stopped by her place on the way to the SPC. Mary Ann was there already, having set up all the tables. What a friend! She worked diligently, too, throughout the day. Where has she been for the last 3 years? We got a record-breaking 15 quilts done today! With 8 people! The pic shows last weeks quilts too, as we dropped them off at the hospital. I left the SPC with Cathy, picked up Mary Ann and Steven, and went to the hospital. All four of us carried baby quilts into the hospital. Then I took Cathy home, and the rest of us went to my place. Mary Ann and Steven came to visit the cats. Cinnamon was easy to find, but Rusty hid, this time in my closet. When Chris came home, I couldn't believe it was after 5 already. He and Michele were going to see a movie, so they took Mary Ann and Steven (her son) back to the hotel on their way to the theatre. I stayed home to clear e-mail, have supper, and trim selvege edges while watching a movie with Korean subtitles. I made Chris a sandwich, and now it is time for bed. (Last night I tried sleeping with my pillow under my feet instead of my head. But it wasn't very comfortable, and I did not feel 'rejuvenated' in the morning.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laying upside down on a chaise lounge is easier and relaxing...go grab one by the indoor pool at the Point. I wish I could join you but I'm at another hotel in WA until we find a place to call home.
AL