Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waving goodbye...

I got up soon after Chris did. I took a shower when he was finished, and got dressed. My in-laws were up and dressed. They had packed the day before. Alfred stripped the bed. Then they took their luggage down to the entrance to our building. Within a few minutes, the taxi arrived. They got in and did not see me leaning out the window waving goodbye (or taking their picture). I cropped the pic so you can see them. I was much farther up than it looks.
I wanted to send out cutting instructions to the group, but had to test the pocket part to see if it was right. It was, so I e-mailed it out. Then I was late, so I high-tailed it to school. I had to park behind the thrift shop to find a space. I did make it on time. The teacher had me play a money card game with the kids. They had to say how much money was on the card they got. The one with the most money won. Purely a game of chance. But some took it hard when they didn't win. On the way out, I stopped by Mrs. Mccrae's room at her request. She wanted to talk about her daughter making the next Thursday night project. I talked her into making an apron instead as her daughter would require more supervision than I have time for. I happened to mention that I was about to go to Dongdaemun so she asked me to pick up some fabric. Then I walked back to my car. Mary and Cathy came by to pick me up. We parked at gate 17 and took the subway. I am not sure I remembered all the things we wanted, but we got a lot. We bought zippers, velcro, fabric (for baby quilts, linings, a purse, aprons, stash, etc), .01 pigma pens, and 60mm rotary blades. We headed back about 1:30. Mary dropped me off at the thrift shop and I found my keys lying on my passenger side seat. Was it a good thing that I didn't lock my car? Anyway, I drove to the little park and read for awhile, then went home. Chris was already there 'cause a water main had broken on post and everyone was sent home. He was watching Demolition Man. So I watched it too, and then since Michele wasn't home, we... When she came home, we watched Transylvania 65000. It was supposed to be funny, but some of it was just annoying. So I don't need to watch that again. During the movies I ate leftovers to clean out the fridge and to fill my stomach. After the movies, I got on the computer to check e-mail and never left. So now it is late, and I am finally getting a break from this terminal.

No comments: