Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finally got them entered...on the LAST day!

Went to thrift shop at 11:15. Lots of books waiting, but I tested the sewing machines first. I was expecting only two but another one had come in. I had bobbins and fabric scraps ready. I tested them and wrote my findings on colored paper and taped it to the top of each machine. Then I shelved books. Lots went to charity because we had so many already. I did not get a chance to even look at DVD's and VHS. At 2:15 I signed out, called Mary Ann and she wanted to meet at the parking lot of DHL. So I drove over there, parked, and sat with my feet in the grass singing songs from a book I picked up at the thrift shop. When she showed up, she had cat food and litter in tow. We drove over to the Blackhawk parking lot, and walked to my apt. Strangely, it was not raining. She called her cats out of hiding and visited with each one. I ate lunch, checked e-mail, printed out some worksheets for class tonight. With the help of Mary Ann and Michele, I took photos of three of my quilts and entered them on-line in the Arts n Crafts contest. The website must have been updated 'cause it went so much faster and easier than last year. Chris came home, leaving his car in the parking lot. When I left for class, I brought Mary Ann with me. We took my car to the SPC. She helped me set up tables and equipment. Then she rejoined her family at DHL. Several people came to work on purses, and the girl who finished her apron wanted to learn knitting. So I showed her how and she got the 'casting on stitches' part. The actual knitting she could do but she kept dropping stitches. Ruth Ann assured her that it would get easier, but I think she gave up. A Katusa came by to ask when our class would be over. We told him 8:30 and then realized it was already 8:25. So we rushed to pack up and left. I went home. Chris and Michele were watching a Hornblower movie. So I got on my computer to check e-mail. Later Chris came in, and started kissing the back of my neck. Well, one thing led to another and then it was lights out.

No comments: