Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another project

We were up by 9. I showered and dressed, and had breakfast. We left at 9:40 and were there by 9:50. I told Cecily we were early. Ten minutes may not seem early, but only one person was sitting in the sanctuary then. Not that we had a big crowd by 10. The sermon was about how God will be with us even on days when we don't know how we will survive another day. After the service, we ate fruit and kimbap. Then we stopped by the commissary for pork and a few other things. I ran into a few people I knew, but Chris was in a hurry to get home. First he and his mother fixed brunch, including scrambled eggs, english muffins, bacon and orange juice. After that, they started cooking a sauce for pork ribs. I cleaned up my sewing room and did some vacuuming and mopping. I called MaryAnn while repacking my kimchi in glass jars. But our connection got severed and I was unable to call her back. At 3, a lady came for a sewing lesson. She was willing to start at the very beginning, sewing on paper. She wants to work up to tailoring clothes. By the time she left, I could smell the ribs cooking in the oven. Having a clean sewing room inspired me to start another project. I was looking at some quilt magazines and getting inspired, when I remembered that I wanted to make another snap-close pouch for the lady who helped me buy the metal tape measure. So I did that. I used the leftovers from the one I gave Faye so it looks similar. Then it was time for supper. The ribs were really good. There was broccoli, potatoes and apple crisp to go with it. I had a few blackberries for dessert. Then we sat and talked for hours. I brought out a needle and thread and darned the hole in my sprout bag. I threw out the remaining beans. If they haven't sprouted by now, they aren't going to. And now it is time for bed. I have a busy morning ahead of me.

No comments: