Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday June 3rd

Alarm went off at 7, but I went back to bed for another hour. Then I had breakfast, e-mail, blah, blah, blah. The elevator was scheduled to be out of service from 9 to 5, but it was still working when Michele went to college at 9:40. Then the plumber (who was supposed to come yesterday) showed up to fix the leak. He taped it. Well, gee, I could have done that myself. Didn't speak English. I spent what seemed like a long time entering Saturday's blog entry. I did a few Sudoku puzzles. I worked on pattern pieces for the next Thursday night class. I wrote a set of instructions for that project, too. We had planned to go to Namdaemun, but didn't really need anything so we didn't go. When it was too late, I remembered that I wanted to go to the organic market for kimchi and eggs. Around 6, when both Chris and Michele were home, we walked into Itaewon to the Thai restaurant. It was ok. The service was not up to par, like there was no manager, or just an inexperienced one. On the walk back, we passed a young Korean man with a sign marked "Free Hug". Michele hugged him, and so did Cecily. So I did. Then two Korean girls who were watching us, got up and ran to hug him. I tried to get a pic, but it took me too long to find my camera. Then we stopped by the commissary. Chris and Cecily went in to get a few things while Al, Michele and I sat in the car and talked. The rest of the evening was quiet. Everyone had a computer or a book. I tried to access the MWR Arts and Crafts contest for 2011. That AKO website is so hard to use. And you'd think an Army site would have a proper web certificate. But it doesn't, so my browser keeps saying "Are you sure you want to go there? This is bad site. A proper site would have a proper certificate. This could mean trouble. You should leave now."
* Here are some pics of our vacation in Jeju *

1 comment:

Gail said...

Even Cecily poses for Kelly!