Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rainy Sunday

It was raining again today. I wanted to stay in bed, but I did get up and take a shower. No breakfast, just on to church. Chris was the reader today. During the passing of the peace, we were asked to take up the offering. But first we had to find the plates! And we did. While the hymn was playing, we collected the offering and stood at the back, waiting for the nod to come forward. I guess he forgot about us, 'cause we stood there through the next section of the service. I told him later that we were about to give it back to the congregation. The sermon was about Abraham being willing to sacrifice his son, literally. I wonder if Isaac was scarred for life by the sight of his father standing over him with a knife. Hunter and I discussed it all the way to the fellowship hall. I told the new organist that she had done a great job, which she did. Chris counted money, then joined me. Finally we dashed through the rain to the car. I had an umbrella but one of the struts is broken, already. The wind didn't help when it turned the umbrella inside out. We stopped at the DHL to see if Mary Ann wanted a ride, but her phone was busy. On to the commissary. After buying groceries, we called her again. Still no answer. Chris told me on the way home that he had a piece of glass in his foot. So I looked at his foot while Michele put away the groceries. Even with a magnifying glass I could not see the glass. I had to get an Exacto knife to cut away the tough heel skin. Then Michele dug the particle out with a needle while I squeezed his foot. Being clear, it was not visible in the wound, but the pin would click against it. Mary Ann came over later to see the cats. Romaric arrived soon after to game with Chris and Michele. I think the cats were glad to see her. She borrowed a needle and thread to sew on a button while she was here. She left just as Chris was cooking spaghetti for supper. We could not convince her to stay. I cleared some e-mail after supper and worked up the energy to do some juicing. I was missing some Popsicle holders, but found them in the dishwasher, clean. I pulled out all the veggies from the fridge, and each one got juiced or put in the recyclable pile. Then I took the second pile down to the food bins outside. I have a whole jar of extra juice, over and above what was needed for popsicles. One of the videos I watched said it would keep 90% of its nutrition in the fridge if used within 12 hours. Drinking freshly juiced veggies is supposed to improve cognition. Cinnamon watched me juice. She miaowed as if to say "It's been raining for 5 days and I can't stand it anymore." I know the feeling. Time to make the sandwich and go to bed. (I also learned that the body rejuvinates while sleeping in an inclined position, head lower than feet.)
* No pics today, but here is one is our 'after presentation' dance.

No comments: