Thursday, June 23, 2011

Monsoon season

It rained yesterday and today. Silly me didn't take an umbrella with me when I went to the thrift shop. When I got to my car, I realized that I had left the windows cracked to let the heat out. Well, it also let the rain in. And it started to smell. I tried driving with the windows down to air it out on the way over. When I got to the thrift shop, I found boxes of books and VHS awaiting me. I shelved as much as I could. Someone had donated a ton of National Geographics, but they were full of bugs so I didn't have to bring them in. Actually I did not personally see any bugs, but was happy to leave them be. Ella packed up the store at 2:30. I gave her and Geri a ride to the DHL where Mary Ann was waiting for me. It was like a 2 for 1 deal. I took Mary Ann home with me. She said she came to visit the cats, but she spent more time with me than with them. Oh, and she had two loads of laundry to do so her husband would have clean clothes for work tomorrow. There was a line in the laundry room at the hotel. I had a few things to do to get ready for class. Chris came home, leaving his car on post. I then drove Mary Ann to the DHL and went to the SPC for class. I arrived early to set up. There were several men in the classroom. They asked if I needed help with sewing machines, and I said no, but it would be great if they set up the tables. And they did. And God saw that it was good. Class went well, but I could see that one more week is needed. Only Mary finished her purse. Shannon finished her apron with her mother's help. See pic. Jane brought some fabric that she wanted to donate. Then we packed up and went home. I had trouble seeing in the dark and the rain as I drove. Thankfully I don't do much night driving. Chris and Michele were watching "Gamers: Dorkness Rising". I had another veggie pop, deleted some e-mail, and now am finished for the day. Except for the sandwich.

No comments: