Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My pie runneth over

Can't remember what I did this morning other than take out the recyclabes, vacuum, and mop. Then I went to the thrift shop. There was a ton of 'stuff', but not books. When I finished the books, DVD's, and VHS, I went through all the magazines and pulled out the oldest ones. The box I put them in was too heavy to lift, and in fact it took both Helle and I to slide it over with the other boxes for charity. I left before Mr. Kim found out how heavy it was. I drove over to the park beside Burger King. It was earlier than yesterday, and there were teenagers there cutting up and making noise. But I ignored them, mostly because I couldn't think of anywhere else to go. I read and ate dried seaweed. Around 3:15 it got quiet. I went home after half an hour. At 4 Michele came home with a friend. I was clearing e-mail and trying to listen to a video clip of a man making chocolate 'ice cream' out of healthy stuff. None of this is stuff you are likely to have in your kitchen, except maybe the ice. When Chris came home, he had a pie shell and fixing's for a chocolate pecan pie. Actually he made two pies, and they were full. See pic. While they were baking, he made buffalo burgers for all of us. I wasn't all that hungry 'cause I had eaten a coconut, but I had two of those burgers. I passed on the pies. While Chris, Michele and Sari were watching a movie in 10 minute increments on Youtube, I washed up a bunch of veggies, and juiced them to make popsicles. I squeezed some lemon in separately 'cause lemons don't go through juicer very well. When I had cleaned all of that up, I saw the pies were still there. To clean the pan the pies were on, I had to chip it off with a knife. If you know me, you know that I can't throw anything away. Not even chocolate pecan pie chips. What if the chocolate pecan pie police came by? So I ate them (the chips, not the pie police). They were like taffy. However they were not on my list of approved foods. Oh well. I looked at fabrics for awhile to see if I found the inspiration to start a new project. Nope. Too much sugar? So I tried Sudoku, and that went well and lasted until bedtime.
* Stone garden inside the botanical garden in Jeju *

No comments: