Thursday, June 16, 2011

To go or not to go


I awoke to the sound of Chris calling the states. He is trying to resolve a plumbing issue in our home there. But due to the time difference, the people he needs to talk to are hard to find, and can't call him back because he's asleep when they are at work. It has been going on for over a week.
So I got up when the alarm went off, had breakfast, and e-mail, etc. Then MaryAnn called to tell me that her husband's new job moved the report date back a month and a half. This is bad 'cause all her household goods are on a ship back to the U.S. They have already vacated their apartment, and are living at the hotel. She was not happy.
She had called from the thrift store to tell me not to pick her and the cats up from the vet clinic getting their health certificate. So after delivering Chris' sandwich, I met her there. They were keeping her busy sorting a HUGE mound of donated clothing. We talked, I offered to let them stay with us. But she hasn't accepted the offer.
We had 5 boxes of books come in, but most of them went to charity. When I left there, I went to the DHL intending to sit outside and read in the back yard. But it was too populated in all areas. So I went across the street by the ACS building. I found a bench there and read. But I won't go there again, 'cause the bench was too high, and there was noise and the smell of cigarettes. When I got home, I had something to eat, and listened to more of an audio that I had started this morning. But it was time for class before I finished it. I did not go early, but arrived at 6:20. Mary helped me set up. We had a good class. Shannon did not finish her apron, and she brought a friend who started one of her own. The purse people made good progress. After class, I went home to finish the audio. Actually there were two, and fairly long ones. Then I placed an order that took awhile to compile, but they are now using Paypal and it won't accept my credit card, the one I have been using for years. I have even used it to order from this company in the past. So that was a complete waste of time. I am sure that having an APO address doesn't help either. Still, I wouldn't trade places with MaryAnn right now for anything.
* This is the bonzai garden in Jeju *

No comments: