Monday, June 13, 2011

Quilting Day

I awoke to the sound of Chris taking a shower. So I got up, turned on the alarm clock, and went back to sleep. I don't think I had slept well because my whole body felt restless and there was no comfortable position. In fact I think my consciousness kicked in during a theta period because I remember thinking that none of my thoughts made any sense at all.
Anyway, I got up soon after 7, fixed breakfast, ran through my e-mail, then showered, dressed, and slaved over a hot cutting board to make lunch (cheese cubes). Michele put all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and I separated the recyclables into 4 categories, (glass, plastic bags, hard plastic, and cans) and took them downstairs. Only cardboard got left behind. Maybe I'll get that tomorrow. Then I went to post, arriving early to the SPC. Marianetta was already there, and she set up tables while I brought in the equipment. Mary and Cathy came in together. Cathy showed us two quilt tops made by the other quilting group for QOV. She also had one that she has just done. I am kinda jealous. Where does she get the time? We did not have a big turnout today, but we were productive, in spite of several people leaving early, or coming late. One lady needed to be signed on post, but it was a nice day for a walk, and her work is totally worth it. We finished 4 baby quilts today, which makes 9 for this month already. We made 21 last month. We now have a lot of new fabrics, which makes for a lot of decision-making. I really love the colorful panel print. It goes with everything. More decision-making. Around 3:30 I drove to the little park beside Burger King. It was empty so I sat there and read for an hour. Then I went home. I was on the computer when Chris and Michele came home, at the same time. We had supper, and watched The Princess and the Frog. Then "Stormbreaker" came on TV. After that, was CSI New York. During that time I got the rest of my fabric ironed, and mostly put away. Somehow I will have to make more space in the closet. (Having less fabric is not an option). I will now go to bed, after liberating a new loaf from the bread maker for Chris' sandwich, and soaking my bean sprouts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What other quilting group? AL from CA