Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Cat Cave

I woke up before 6, covered in sweat. The ac was on, but not putting out cold air. I felt rested so I got up. I read through my e-mail, and noticed that the courtyard was quiet. So I took a book and went down to read. But at 8, kids showed up and the quiet was gone. So I went back upstairs for breakfast. I had planned to go to the thrift shop at 11, but my back was warning me to take it easy. So I did. I cleaned the countertops and sink, and washed the few dishes that Michele did not put in the dishwasher. She left for college to turn in a few last papers. MaryAnn called from the bookroom to see if I was coming in, and to ask if she could come to visit her cats. Since she was coming over, I asked her to buy me the crockpot insert that I saw at the thrift shop last week. Looked identical to mine, except there were no cracks. But when she arrived, we found out that it was just a little larger. Fudge. I apologized for having her carry it all that way. She visited with her cats while I ran the vacuum, and mopped the floors. She also built them a 'cat cave' with a big box and their cat beds. Cinnamon seemed to like it but Rusty preferred to hide under the beach towels on a shelf. When MaryAnn left, Cinnamon was sitting in the TV cabinet behind the glass doors next to the receiver. Chris fixed chili for supper. After eating, I went into my sewing room to make a baby quilt top out of Monday's leftovers. When I was nearly done, Cinnamon came in and laid on it as if to say "It's mine now". I carried her out and Michele was surprised that she didn't scratch me. Chris went to bed early, declining the offer of a sandwich for tomorrow. I'm about ready to go myself.

No comments: