Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Quilt-athon is over

I got up at 6:30 to make Chris a sandwich with the loaf of bread I started last night. I went back to bed. Later I got up, had breakfast, checked e-mail, took a shower, and found the fabric I used in the center of the dahlia. I used a jar lid to cut a circle of it, and a smaller one to make a circle of cardstock. I basted around the circle, and pulled it over the cardboard, and ironed the edges down. Then I headed to the AnC center with my large umbrella. The downpour was impressive. My feet were soaked quickly. I arrived at 9:30, but Cathy was just leaving her apt so I drove over to get her. It was close to 10 by the time we got started on the quilt. I cut out the middle (where 16 seams intersected) and appliqued the circle in place. We had worked for four hours yesterday. Today we put in another seven hours. Mary and Kim came by. It was Kim's last day and she asked what should a person do on their last night in Korea. That was a tough question. I don't know what I would do. She is flying back to the states tomorrow. Cathy took a break to drop three of her quilts off with the photographer to have pics taken for the AnC contest. I want to drop of my dahlia quilt, but he won't be here tomorrow and it is the last day to submit entries. I called Mary Ann before I left the AnC center in case she wanted to come home to visit the cats, but it was too late and she did not want to distract me from finishing my quilt (which only needs binding). Well, when I got home, I did not feel like working on the quilt. I ate supper, checked e-mail, and we all watched 8 episodes of Big Bang Theory that arrived in the mail courtesy of Netflix.

No comments: