Friday, June 17, 2011

Fern's family feline facility

After my usual morning routine, Mary Ann called to take my up on my offer of shelter for her cats. I picked her up at the DHL, and we went to I-Park Mall. She bought a phone battery, and it even had some charge on it. But when she tried to call her husband, it was out of money. So we had to go to the PX to get a prepaid phone card. I got a pair of sunglasses there, too. Then we went to the Four Seasons for cat litter, and other cat 'stuff'. Then on to the pet hotel. She went in to get her cats while I sat outside waiting to take her picture. After that, we went to the commissary to get their favorite cat food. Because the cat litter was so heavy, I called Michele to bring the rollycart to the gate. Michele offered to carry the cats, while MaryAnn and I carried all the other stuff. The cats were not happy at having to be at the pet center. After an initial exploration of what parts of the apartment they could reach (I closed most of the doors), they found the one spot I didn't know about, and where they can't be reached. It is under a bank of floor cabinets on the porch. They hid there for the rest of the day. In fact, they are still there now. Michele left at 5 to meet a friend. At 6:45 I took MaryAnn back to her hotel, and raced back before the gate closed at 7. (I offered to slow down so she could jump out.) Chris and I sat reading in the living room and my headache got worse. I am not sure when it started. So I retired to my dark bedroom and Chris followed me. Then....we fell asleep. A couple of times in the night we thought we heard a cat's miaow. But the only sign of them this morning is some missing food, a disturbance in the litter box, and black paw prints on the countertops. Michele says they camped outside her window for a little while.

No comments: