Monday, June 6, 2011

Adding to my stash...

I got up soon after the alarm went off 'cause I didn't want to be late. I showered, made breakfast and read through some e-mail. Then gathered all my stuff for today, including cheese, and headed out to post. The gate guard was talkative, but I was early enough that I had time. Then I drove to gate 17. The young man from Happy Quilt was there with another man who has a quilting business in Osan. I signed them both in. They followed me in the van to the SPC. Cathy was already there setting up tables and washing them. The room started to fill with ladies as the men set up the fabric packets. And then we attacked. I mean, we started shopping. Lots of ladies came by to shop and I certainly did my part, but when they packed up, it seemed like there was almost as much fabric left as when they started. As I told Cecily later, it was ok for me to buy a lot 'cause I told everyone it was for her. Not that anyone bought that story. Ha. It was almost 3:30 when I left the SPC. I thought about finding a place to sit and read, but I had to get that fabric home and washed. Upon getting home, I had a snack, and then proceeded to empty each packet, clip the corners, and place it in either the light stack or the dark stack. I decided to wash the dark stack. I checked some e-mail while it was washing, and then hard-boiled some eggs while it was drying. I took it out, loosely folded it and placed it on my bed. Supper was right around that time. Then MaryAnn came by with her son. She had packed out today and brought us two large bags of food from her fridge and freezer. She also gave me her sewing machine. I hope that means she'll get a new one after they move. After supper I went into my sewing room to start the ironing process. Matrix 2 happened to be on TV, and I watched it as I pressed each piece dry. I still have three pieces left, but they can wait 'till tomorrow.

No comments: