Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baptism

We left for church at a reasonable time, which was good since I left my ID at home. At gate 52, I had to get out of the car and tell the guard my name and SSN. Then he let us through. We actually arrived at church BEFORE the choir processed in. I noticed the flower arrangements at the front were really tall. The sermon was about God using radical and unsettling change to disturb our complacency. Then we had a baptism for a baby and a young lad (not in the same family). The baby was Korean, so in Korean tradition, the family brought gifts of rice cakes for everyone. Hunter, the dentist, had just had a birthday, so he invited several of us to go to brunch at the Hartell house. It was very nice. And they brought him a special dessert with a candle in it, and sang Happy Birthday. After lunch, we went to Chris' office to call Michele (my phone had died) and ask her to deliver my ID and Chris' phone to the walk-in gate. It was closed, but we met her there and she slipped the items through the fence. Then we parked at gate 19, and walked to E-Mart. I sat on a bench while Chris bought nato. He said I slow him down, so I let him do it himself. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. From there we went home. Michele put the groceries away while I changed clothes. My adult student showed up while I was changing. She brought her 'homework' from last time. And she seems to have mastered straight seams, so we did zigzag today. Someone had given me a fabric bowl in the making. All it needed was to be satin-stitched. So I had her do it. She took it home to finish for homework. After she left, I ate some natto with hot peppers. I looked over my e-mail, and listened to an interview with Lindsay Wagner.
Chris was doing some laundry and I had added some pieces of fabric. I pulled out the fabric when it was almost dry and folded it until I could iron it. Then he started "The Mummy". So the fabric didn't get ironed after all. And now it's bedtime. And time to make the sandwich.

No comments: