Wednesday, November 23, 2011

House-cleaning









We slept under the nice quilt again. I don't know who made it, but I have one very much like it only in red somewhere in storage. Probably made by the same person.

Mom had just finished breakfast when I got out of bed. So I ate alone. She sat in her chair and read her book. Dad went for a walk. I took Mom into the livingroom to decide what to do with stuff. The one corner got reorganized and Chris moved the big chair back so we'd have more room. Chris also took some things out to our car. Then I got a washcloth and some water to clean the baseboards and window ledges. I vaccuumed around the furniture under the window. Dad was back in time for a nap before lunch. I woke him at 11:30 like he asked. It was tempting just to let him sleep. Then he started lunch. I gave him a good head start before I juiced the veggies. I put in a quarter of an onion and the resulting juice was too strong for me, but Mom and Dad did not seem to mind it. After lunch, Dad took Mom for a walk. I sat outside to read barefoot. When they got back, I let Mom listen to some Youtube music on the laptop. I did some more cleaning. I wiped William's speakers and the large TV cabinet. I tried to clean behind it. Dad and Chris discussed computer stuff, and I think Dad decided to get a laptop with Chris' help. I saw that the rug in the foyer was unraveling. I thought I could patch it with a piece of denim. Mom's sewing machine did well for awhile and then the needle broke. I found a size 16 to replace it. I was able to finish the job. Can't say it looks great, but it stopped the raveling. For now. Then I swept the foyer. Chris went to put gas in his car and bought a rotisserie chicken. He was cooking broccoli to go with it. Dad said he was going to take a nap until supper was ready. But he was back up soon, and did not say why. After supper, he took Mom to choir practice with him. Chris and I cleaned up supper. We were alone, and....then the doorbell rang. Patrick stopped by to pick up boxtops and to ask a million questions about Korea. I gave him a bowl of kimchi. He left about 8:45. My phone was dead, so I plugged it in. It did not seem useable at first, but then Ifigured out how to do it. I called Mary and we had a nice chat. She asked about Kelly and I was pleased to say she was doing well. Soon after I hung up with her, Mom and Dad came home. Mom had a big spot on her pants where she had fallen in the leaves. Thank goodness it was a gentle fall. I filled Dad in on Parick's visit. Then he took Mom to bed. I'll be heading in that direction soon myself.




No comments: