Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trying a Lutheran Church


Got to sleep late because of the time change. We had time to eat and shower and read e-mail, etc and still got to church on time. This time we went to a Lutheran church on the east side. It was a small church. There was no choir loft, but they quietly came up out of the congregation when it was time to sing the anthem. People noticed right off that we were new, and made a point of introducing themselves. I saw quilted banners up front and knew there must be quilters present. But I was told after the service that the lady who had made them had moved. When it was time for communion, I saw they had the round holder for tiny plastic cups of wine. I had to struggle not to laugh because it reminded me of the time when Michele and I were taking communion and her cup burst in her hand, soaking both of us. We were shaking so hard trying not to laugh that the pastor thought we were crying. Such fond memories. After the service, they were serving pizza and preparing for a congregational meeting. We went home. I sat in the sun for an hour, while Chris baked the rest of the chicken. Then we took my new car to get a fill-up. I started a new notebook for recording gas and repairs. When we got back, we ate some chicken and sprouts. I read that there is a special enzyme in immature plants (such as sprouts ) that convey anti-aging properties. It is called auxinon. I cleared some more e-mail, and then turned my attention to sewing. Sadly there wasn't as much daylight left as I was used to. Finally I had to give it up. Well, the spool is almost empty. I wrote a check for Kevin and Chris filled out the rental application. Then we retired to our respective laptops to watch episodes of our chosen series. I finished the 4 episodes on one DVD, pausing now and then for a bite to eat. Chris paused his to make cranberry sauce. Now am ready for bed, mostly 'cause Chris went to bed already.

No comments: